View Profile Ceevro

All 114 Audio Reviews

77 w/ Responses

Dayum. There is a reason you've made it this far, dude!

You have a wonderful voice! Much cleaner than I could do it!

Now, I almost feel that this needs a bit of compression overall, and your low end sounds empty (though I'm listening on computer speakers at the moment). If you've got some bass going on in there, it's completely left out on less bass-rich speakers. Try boosting mids of your bass to fill out the soundscape.

But it's so nice to hear someone playing old-style. Reminds me of 50's sock-hop tunes! Very nice!

verbicidemusic responds:

I definitely see what you're saying about the bass tones. I boosted the mids excessively to no avail. I think the tone itself is inherently bad, I may toy with it some more and reupload if I get something good going. As far as my influences go, I pull a lot from 80s post-punk and dream pop a la the Smiths or Cocteau Twins, but I do listen to a lot of old school pop like the Beach Boys and the likes, so I guess it makes a wierd Gothicy yet poppy combo, haha. Glad you enjoyed it though.

Well. If I win my round...I have going against you to look forward to.

What could possibly go wrong?

bassfiddlejones responds:

Mwahaha

I think W-in-K has the right of it. I'd kill the sidechain altogether, myself. But you've got a wonderful vibe going on in this!

Good luck in the competition!

larrynachos responds:

I thought a hard sidechain was like a lofi staple or something lol. I wouldn't ditch it altogether, but do you think I shouldn't have chained the kick AND snare?

Thanks for the review!

Diggin' the crap out of that groove! Now I have to buy a bass guitar. YOU SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO?

Good luck in the competition!

DrFunkMonkey responds:

Slap a da bass man. Slap a da bass!!

Haha! Loved it! So very not my style...kinda comparing apples to wildebeest, methinks.

But I don't envy the judges who have to decide who does it better!

I'd love to collab with you when the competitions are over!

PredatorMusic responds:

Thank you! Glad you love it ^^

Best of luck in NGADM :)

Yeah we should, its going to be interesting to hear your style with mine!

So nice to hear a softer side in this competition! Good luck!

Jabicho responds:

Thanks so much, Ceevro! :D

Friendly hint...I'm not your direct competitor yet, so I don't mind offering a little advice:

Adjust the volume of your lead-line during the loud sections. It's getting overwhelmed by the percussion.

Solid track, overall! Good luck in the NGADM!

Adjeye responds:

I have lowered the volume a little bit of the drums, but not all to much.

Huh...your style is about as much of a contrast to mine as I've ever heard! That is not to say that you don't have talent...you clearly have style for days!

Looking forward to going against you in NGADM17!

Congrats on making it this far!

PredatorMusic responds:

Aww yeah!! Good luck in the NGADM17!!

Yeah, your style is pretty different to mine, but is also great! This is going to get real soon!! xDD

~ThaPredator

Huh? People know me? How'd that happen?

ChronoNomad responds:

Of course they do! You're that world famous Sing-Along guy...aren't you? But seriously, those are awesome. Haters need not apply.

n/a, Male